Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Owl Circle Skirt with matching shirt

Since I had so much fun making the circle skirt here I figured I could pop out another one quick with the fabric Miss K wouldn't let me leave at Hobby Lobby last week.  It was the first time we were in there to look at the fabric and I was impressed!  We only have a Hancock and Hobby Lobby around here (both are an hour drive for me).  I plan on taking a day trip up to Eau Claire one of these days to visit Mill End Textiles and Joann fabrics to see what they are all about (however that is like a 3 1/2-4 hour round trip).
So at Hobby Lobby Miss K found this awesome fabric and she also grabbed some owl appliques.  I had no idea what I was going to do with them because the skirt is too busy for them.  After I made the skirt I was rummaging through her drawers to find a cute shirt to wear and happened upon a plain pink tee.  I felt it was too boring for the wild skirt so I added the appliques.  Boom!  Great outfit made :-)

I love the outfit.  It took Miss K a week to put it on though. She is burned out on trying things on for me.  On top of all that she is super sick from the rain this weekend and it's her last 2 days of school. :-( poor girl.  I managed to snap these super early this morning on our way out to school. I did make this circle skirt about 2 inches shorter than the first one here.  I like it better this way. This skirt is based on the amazing design by Dana over at MADE.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments really make my day! I read each and every one. Thank you!

Sorry for the word verification. I've had too many spammers lately.