Last May (2018) I was determined to make some nice fitting shorts. I watched a ton of
I did a tissue fitting before cutting out the muslin fabric. It helped me make a few changes (listed below). Nothing is hemmed on these, no waistband in; just a quick sew up in the needed places.
This pattern only goes to a 42 so I graded it out to a size 46. My pattern notes show I lowered the front rise by 1/4" added 1/2" to the width at Center Front and 1/2" to the front thigh.
In the back I added 1/2" wedge to the center butt, rotating this to take out 1" of the bottom leg width. This created 3/4" addition to the top waist width so I took it out at the side seams of both the outer and inner. Whew, that sounds confusing but what it amounts to is a sort of full bust adjustment for my butt. A full butt adjustment!
I think the fit turned out really great. There are a few tweaks they need here and there. Also, these shorts are super short for what I'm comfortable with but lengthening the legs would take away from the cute design of them.
So after all that work I put them on hold and moved forward with something else.
I really wanted to make these out of some amazing linen blend fabric I have. I will make them soon I think. Finding these pictures made me want a pair. I will sew up a pair of these just to wear around the house and yard in summer, because I like the style, and darn it - shorts that fit me are hard to find!
~ Happy Sewing! ~ Kristin ~