Thursday, July 11, 2019

More of Jalie 3022 Yoga Pants

Probably one of my most used patterns.  Definitely one of my most worn pants throughout the years.  I first sewed this pattern in Dec 2014 and I continue to sew it as my weight changes and the fabric wears out.  (Currently I’ve gained a bit of weight as I’ve found a few more things to eat recently).
Here are the seven pairs I made prior to these new 2 pairs (sewing these new ones brings my total up to using this pattern NINE times).  1. Black plain  2. Hunter Green 3. Green Shorts 4. Teal Pants 5. Black and White  6. Black for Miss K  7. Navy Cotton Lycra


First up: Black Yoga Pants

jalieyoga4

Size: My measurements at this time (waist 32, hip 46) put me in a size W waist and BB hip.  But these fit tight so I sized up to a Waist Z, Hip CC.  That’s one up in the hip and 3 up in the waist.
Alterations: curved the back crotch more at the lower butt by 1/2”. Added 1” to the Hem

jalieyoga5

Instructions: The instructions are fantastic.  At this point in sewing them so much I rarely have to look at them, but I do glance from time to time – especially for the waistband part.  Nothing is hard to sew though.

Fabric: 2 yards Double Brushed Yoga Knit – Heavy (though it doesn’t feel heavy) from Knitpop for $9.50/yard so $19 total.

jalieyoga6

Thoughts: Love, love, love.  I love everything about these. They are soft, they feel like I’m wearing pajamas.  The fabric is amazing.  These things are perfect. (These were sewn April 18th, 2019 and I’ve worn them a ton of times since).

  jalieyoga7

Next time: Need to lower the center front rise by 1”.  It sometimes bothers my stomach to have the waistband so high.



Next: Navy Yoga Pants

jalieyoga1

Size: It’s hard to say because of my alterations below.  I started with Waist Z and Hip CC but after my alterations this made the front hip increase by 0.25” and the back hip increase by 1.25”!  The thigh measurements remained the same.  My measurements at this time (waist 32, hip 46) put me in a size W waist and BB hip.  But these fit tight so I sized up to a Waist Z, Hip CC.  That’s one up in the hip and 3 up in the waist, and then did the alterations on top of this.

jalieyoga3

Alterations:  I put my beloved Burda yoga pant pattern (11/2007 #122) on top of the Jalie pattern and used the crotch curve and hip from the Burda for these. I also used 32” for the waistband elastic. 
Instructions: same as above (The instructions are fantastic.  At this point in sewing them so much I rarely have to look at them, but I do glance from time to time – especially for the waistband part.  Nothing is hard to sew though).

Fabric: 2 yards Navy 4-way stretch Ponte (this stuff is heavy) from Knitpop; purchased in April 2017 for $5.10 per yard, so $10.20 total.

jalieyoga2

Thoughts: eh.  I’m not really happy with my alterations – they make the pants feel weird.  Also, the ponte is too heavy and the seams feel large, not comfortable.  They are a bit loose on me too and this pattern is made to be tight fitting.  The view from the backside is not a good one; I don’t think I’ll get much wear out of these. (These were sewn May 7th, 2019 and I attempted to wear them one time but couldn’t handle the scratchy feel of the ponte or seams).

Not everything I sew is going to work out.  I”m glad I tried this alteration, but I know now that it doesn’t work out.  So into the wastebasket it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments really make my day! I read each and every one. Thank you!

Sorry for the word verification. I've had too many spammers lately.