Thursday, August 1, 2019

P4P Boundless as a top and Greenstyle Chelsea Pants

I apologize if this post is a repeat to some of you.  I’m having issues with Bloglovin not showing my posts; and now my Open Live Writer is acting up again; oh and my photos are blurry too.  Technology...... UGH.

Way back when (Jan 2019) I made winter sewing plans.  I’ve still been working on those plans.  I have 4 of the 10 made and 2 more muslins in progress.  Here are 2 things from those plans.

Patterns for Pirates – Boundless dress as a top




I made this back in Jan 2019 and haven’t gotten around to taking pictures.  I was waiting for the pants to be finished to go with it.


Size: Large, empire waist, 3/4 sleeves.


Alterations: 1/2” forward shoulder, raised back neck 5.5”, did 3/4” hem.  for the bottom piece that is gathered I made a trapezoid shape. 26” across the top slanting to 29.5” at the bottom hem and 15” tall.  On the inside I attach fold over elastic around the waist where the gathers are.  I do this without stretching the elastic at all. This makes sure the gathers stay nice, do not stretch out, and the FOE is soft enough that it doesn’t irritate my skin like regular or clear elastic does (allergy to latex).


Fabric: 2 yards black roses floral double brushed poly.  purchased in dec 2016 from knitpop


Thoughts: love love love.  I love everything about this top.

Future: no changes to make.



Greenstyle - Chelsea Yoga Pants


These pants were my hold up.  I made a pair according to my measurements in January and they were waaaay to tight – like skin tight booty pants, and that is not a look I’m trying to achieve.  So I put the booty pants aside and measured the pattern flat – which showed why they did not fit me.  My measurements put me in an XL but the flat measurements showed I needed to make a 3XL.

In March I made the 3xl size finally and they fit all sorts of weird.  They were too high in the waist, the crotch felt weird, the waist was too big and the butt had issues.  I put them aside and moved on for the time being.

Well, fast forward from March to July and now I’ve gained 20 lbs; so I put on the 3XL pants the other day…. and they fit.  Fit just fine actually – I mean well enough to wear in public.  ha!  So here are my Chelsea pants to go with my above top – in the middle of July – oh and did I mention my pants are FLEECE lined! hahahahaha.

We will start with the larger ones first (the second pair)


Size: 3xl, medium rise.

Alterations: scooped butt curve by 1/2”, sloped more to the waist by taking in 1/4” at mid butt curve and then 3/8” at top of butt curve by waist.  Added 1/4” to outer hip at waist, added 3/8” at outer hip curve – did this to compensate for the sloping of the curve at CB as well as the scooping.


Fabric: 1.5 yards “Black Sweatshirt fleece”, plush brushed fleece back, can be used for activewear.  4 way stretch. Purchased Feb 2018 from fashionfabricsclub for $3.94/yard. so $5.91 total.


Thoughts: I love the front seam on these.  I love the flare.  I’m glad they fit me now.  I think the midrise is too high for my liking. I would like to lower the front rise by 1/2-3/4”



Future: It will depend, if I lose weight I will try the 2xl size and go from there.  I will do low rise from now on.


Here are the weird fit pics from Mar before I gained weight. same pair of pants.




OK now on to the 1st pair I made:

Size: Large at waist to XL hip and elsewhere.  midrise.

Alterations: scooped butt curve 1/2” added 1/8” to back leg inseam and 1/4” to front leg inseam.  added 3/4” to hem. 



Fabric: 1.25 yards Black nylon/lycra fleece-back knit from fabricmart fabrics. purchased in a mystery bundle May 2017.  Cost $1.20 for the piece. 30% stretch selvage to selvage

Thoughts: way too tight. skin tight. These instagram pics were the only ones I snapped of these pants and if they were skin tight in Jan, then there is no way I’m even getting a leg in one of these now!


~ Happy Sewing! ~ Kristin ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments really make my day! I read each and every one. Thank you!

Sorry for the word verification. I've had too many spammers lately.