Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Made for Mermaids ~ Chloe Skirt & Patterns for Pirates ~ Sweet Tee


Pattern: Made for Mermaids – Chloe Skirt (free pattern!)

A day back in May (May 16th) I was scrambling to find something to wear to Miss K’s softball game.  It was HOT that day, in WI 80°f in May is HOT).  I had nothing I wanted to wear in my closet.  So I traced, cut, and sewed this skirt in 30 min. 

m4mchloe4

Size: Green with Indigo waist; Made fold over waistband and maxi length.
My Measurements at that time: Waist 30, Hip 44-45, Height 5’7”

m4mchloe5

Instructions: I didn’t even read them.  This is a simple skirt; Sew each side seam, attach the waist, hem.

m4mchloe2

Fabric: Ivory/Smoke Grey Heather Jersey Knit purchased July 2017 from fashionfabricsclub for $3.95/yard.  Used 2 yards.  $7.90 total.   Their description “Lightweight cotton and polyester knit fabric with an exceptionally soft, supple feel. 4 way stretch and recovery. Good drape.  75% Cotton 15% Polyester 10% Lycra”  It’s soft and stretchy. 

m4mchloe3

Thoughts: Quick sew.  Love the simple look.  The skirt is a bit large on top at waist.  The waistband had to REALLY stretch to fit.  Next time I would reduce the skirt waist (not the waistband) by 1/4” on the edges.  I would also add 2” to the length next time as it was a bit shorter than I like. Otherwise it turned out great!  It is also a great way to use up some fabric.  I plan to make more.

IMG_20190516_185207_861

I’m wearing it with my Burdastyle 10/2014 #103 top that I made in 2015.



Pattern: Patterns for Pirates – Sweet Tee

During MeMadeMay I was trying to wear things in my closet and figure out why I didn’t wear other things.  I have this skirt I made in 2015 that I love and I never wear it because I don’t have a good top for it.  So on May 28th I decided to make a Patterns for Pirates - Sweet Tee to go with it.

p4pswet1

The skirt is wild enough so I made just a plain black tee.  Also helpful because I can wear this tee with a few other things in my closet that needed a plain top.

p4pswet3

Size: Large for bust/waist, sloped to XL at hip.  I also did a 1/2” forward shoulder adjustment.
My Measurements at that time: Bust 39, Waist 30, Hip 44-45
Instructions: I didn’t read these because I’ve made this top before and it’s a simple, fast sew.
Fabric: 1 yard lack Solid Double-Sided Brushed DTY Stretch Fabric from Stylish fabrics purchased in Sept 2016 for $6.50.

p4pswet2

Thoughts:  I’m not a huge fan of dolman tops, but with the right drapey fabric I tolerate it.  I am super happy with this top and I’ve needed a plain black tee for so long.

IMG_20190529_150435_157

The skirt is New Look 6054 that I made in 2015.

2 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, cute! I like that fabric. It looks super lightweight but also completely opaque. It seems like that's so tough to find in a jersey fabric!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nakisha! It IS opaque! I love that! (I also have a slip on under, but it's not totally needed)

      Delete

Your comments really make my day! I read each and every one. Thank you!

Sorry for the word verification. I've had too many spammers lately.