I decided to finish up the tanks I had cut and ready for Mr. T while I ponder my next move. Oh and I also broke down and ordered the thurlow pattern as well as the cambie.
So here are the tanks for T. I used Ottobre 03/2011 (#33) but I eliminated the cross-over shoulders; I went up to a size 152 this time, but sloped 1/2" out of the back because of the gap in his other ones. I also completed a 1/2" forward shoulder alteration. It is a bit big in the chest, snug on the tummy and quite long. He loves them though so oh well.
I've made this a few times before:
3 upcycled tanks here from old t-shirts
grandpa's old golf shirt upcycled to tank
and the tools tank as it is written
Looking back, I almost like the way the envelope one fits better. . . (it's the last one)
The striped one I binding as I like too by fitting raw edges to right edge of neck/arm serging, then flipping all to the inside and topstitching. The monster one I attached the binding as I would bias tape - basting the one raw edge to the wrong side edge of neck/arm, flipping it up, then over itself (with a fold) and topstitching. T said he likes this way better.
Nice stripe matching, nice sized armholes.
The monster fabric has "volcom" written in a few spots on it. It is lightweight and I picked up a yard off a facebook group for $7 - I have enough left for a few pairs of undies or the front or back panel of a shirt. maybe some sleeves instead.
The stripe fabric was a remnant on the back table at Hancocks. I JUST squeaked this out of 3/4 yard! It was $3.00. The fabric must be a cotton/spandex. It is so soft and I begged T to let me have it for a tank. As you can see, T wouldn't budge and he won the battle. I did manage to have some little scraps - enough to make me a pair of underwear - yay!
My 2 fabric orders came in yesterday and I'm in love. 2 ITY's are so gorgeous and the 3 swim fabrics are perfect. Both orders were awesome. Time to get busy sewing!
(stash is anything purchased before this year)
Stash used: 0.75 yards
Fabric Out: 1.5 yards
Fabric In: 0
Totals for the year to date:
Stash sew this year: 28.75 yards
Fabric out in 2014: 116.5 yards
Fabric in 2014: 105.5 yards
~ Happy Sewing! ~ Kristin ~