I had saved these T-shirts to upcycle and tanks seemed like the perfect thing.
I used the "Tools" tank pattern from Ottobre 03/2011 (#33); I went with a size 146 - T is skinny and wears a 10 in RTW. I modified the straps to be straight and not envelope. I whipped up 3 of these puppies for a few cents in thread and ribbing. I saved us $45 and Mr. T is super happy with all 3 tanks. I especially love the Pokemon one!
My old Green Hurley shirt that became way too big for me.
Hubby's old World of Warcraft shirt that had un-fixable holes in the armpits. (I even managed to save the Blizzard symbol on the back!)
So I forgot to take a picture of the before shirt :( It was a plain blue long sleeve shirt that is way too big for me now). I cut a square of the Pokemon Ash and Pikachu from T's old Pajama shirt that is too small now. I attached it to the front with fusible tape and zigzagged around the edges.
I'm so happy with how all 3 turned out! They are "school worthy" and ready for our vacation!
Here is all 3:
And T in action:
I must say, this pattern is one of my favorites now. It is fast to sew, fits really well, and looks RTW.
~ Happy Sewing! ~ Kristin ~