Friday, August 17, 2012

Upcoming projects


I'm near the end of this dreadful cold and I've been thinking a lot about what early fall projects I want to get into.  I thought I'd share with you!

I'm very excited to make 2 new tops of View B and/or View E in New Look A 6871
I plan on using a cotton fabric from October Afternoon (love seaside!) shown here:
Seaside Bikini Blue

and another out of this cute fabric here (a. because it's cheap and b. because it's Rayon Challis so it will drape well):
Rayon Challis Blooms Grey/Fuchsia

I also plan on making View C of Simplicity 2377 in corduroy for Miss K with these cute fabrics:
Kaufman 21 Wale Corduroy Peacock and    Kaufman 21 Wale Cool Cords Owls Harvest Natural                  Child's Dresses
so it will be blue, owl, blue :-) (I love this pattern too! - as seen HERE and HERE and HERE)

I also want to make her another corduroy dress with View A Simplicity 2874


I picked up a hot pink apple pattern with navy and lime green (a very long time ago from Hancock's) ~ it's wild! I want to use that for all over and then the band on the bottom I plan on using a light blue.  I can't wait to get it done!








I also downloaded a new Oliver + S pattern for the Sunday brunch jacket



I have a really cute tan-ish corduroy fabric with blue, brown and etc. flowers on it.  I picked it up at the same time as the apple cord (a long time ago).


I really love the jacket pattern and it got good reviews on patternreview.com so I'm hopeful.











I wanted to get some things sew up for me too such as:


























Also, Miss K wants to be Rainbow Brite for Halloween and Mr. T wants to be Charmeleon from Pokemon.

So I have big projects to get started on and a few left to complete.....
     - rose pj's need sleeves for miss k
     - Pooh crayon belt
    - fix floral knit dress to skirt
    - hem and waist on floor length turquoise knit dress
    - DH and my fleece team pj pants

Even when I'm sick I'm still dreaming in my head of sewing......... ;-)

What projects are you all getting started on or planning on completing in the next few months?


~ Happy Sewing! ~ Kristin ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments really make my day! I read each and every one. Thank you!

Sorry for the word verification. I've had too many spammers lately.