Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Simplicity 2377 - Oh how I love you!

This is the 3rd time I have used this pattern.  I love it so much!  It is easy to sew, fast to make, and each time the dresses turn out so wonderful!  I first sewed Miss K a Kitty Dress in View C and then at Easter sewed up View B.  Now that it is getting hot here in Wisconsin I wanted Miss K to have some cooler dresses so I sewed up View E today.  The fabric is a definite favorite; it is so soft and silky feeling.  I love how lightweight it is.

Pattern: Simplicity 2377; View E, Size 7
Fabric: Jolie Fleur Shirting Floral Dots White/Green 100 % Polyester; purchased at Fabric.com #ET-976

I had no problems with the pattern although it was really fun to turn the straps right-side out! Everything went together smoothly and I love how it turned out.  I did shorten the elastic length for the neckline because in previous dresses it was too big.  I used a size 5 1/2 for the neck and it turned out perfect!  I used a 7 for the rest of the dress and it is true to size for Miss K.

Back of the Dress

Front of the Dress

Straps of the dress

Miss K thinks you need a dress-in-action shot :-)

Ah, Lazy Summer Days!

2 comments:

  1. Can you tell me why you used a different size for the bodice back than the rest of the dress? I did notice that the back pattern piece is longer than the front. I'm wondering if I should even it up. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello :) I used a shorter piece of elastic for the neck than what was called for. I used the same size for front and back bodice pieces (size 7) Sorry I couldn't be more help! I don't remember any issues sewing it up.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments really make my day! I read each and every one. Thank you!

Sorry for the word verification. I've had too many spammers lately.