I used a pattern for this project even though I know I could wing it on my own, I still wanted an official pattern. I picked McCall's 6099 (super easy pattern).
My husband walked by as I was cutting up his shirt and he was all like "Oh no! My favorite shirt! What are you doing to it!" I gently reminded him that it no longer fits him and proceeded to hack away :-)
2 pieces cut on the fold. Sew the shoulders and side seams (I did this with the serger); then hem the neck, arm holes, and bottom. BOOM! That's it. This took me all of 1/2 hour to do. Mr. T is such a skinny-minny that it is a bit hard to find things that fit him right. I can see that it drops way too low in the neckline so next time I will add 2 inches to the scoop part. I also want it a bit longer on him so I will add 2 inches to the bottom.
The pattern couldn't be any easier. Super simple for anyone to make. I like the shape of the tank on T (with the modifications I plan to make next time). I made it in a size 8 because he wavers between an 8 and a 10. Since this one was my "test" one I think it will go nicely with his upcycled PJ shorts for bedtime!