Sunday, July 14, 2013

Ottobre 03/2012 #34 as a Nightgown

I loved the yellow summery dress I made yesterday from this pattern and I had to try it as a nightgown.  Ottobre 03/2012 #34 Jungle Stripes dress.  Also, Miss K completed her first project and that is how I tricked her into modeling the nightgown ;-)

This pattern is a dream and works well for a nightgown as well as a dress. It has an elastic neckline and sleeves for a peasant dress feel.  This fabric was notably more stretchy and thin so it was a little harder to work with.  Once I attached my walking foot everything went smoothly.
This fabric was actually part of my very first fabric.com order back on Jan 23, 2012. Thermal Knit Apples Pink/Red.  I used 1.50 yards, $4.05 total.




Miss K made her pillow mostly by herself.  I cut the fabric with my rotary blade (she is not allowed to touch that scary thing) and assisted with the zipper but she did all the actual sewing.  She is so proud of herself and so am I :)  She made it just like in my tutorial.



The fabric has a bit of a stretch.  I'm thinking a cotton sateen with lycra?  It has a nice sheen.  My mom had it leftover from a summer dress and she likes to give me her leftovers, lol.



~ Happy Sewing! ~ Kristin ~

2 comments:

  1. Yay, what a great first project! She must be proud!

    (*I'm* afraid to touch my rotary cutter, hehe.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It amazes me when those little beings do things you didn't expect :-)

      and yes, that thing scares me to death but I love it's sharp cutting. They should really make a better sort of guard on them!!

      Delete

Your comments really make my day! I read each and every one. Thank you!

Sorry for the word verification. I've had too many spammers lately.