Monday, July 22, 2013

Jalie #2805 ~ Tshirt for Miss K

Testing out Jalie pattern #2805 today.  I measured Miss K right before starting.  Her measurements put her exactly in a size 8US, 135cm, or "L" in Jalie sizes.  I've read a few places that they can run slim and K is not slim; she is a solid little pumpkin.  Plus when I made the undies they were tight on her.  So I bumped up to a size 9US, 142cm, or "M" in Jalie.

The instructions on this pattern are superb!  I enjoyed sewing it and took my time.  The pattern produces a really cute top that looks nice.  I finished it up and it was too small. :-)  The neck opening is tight to get on and the sleeves are really snug.  K wore it for about an hour and then complained about the sleeves.



Ok, back to the drawing board.  I'll try to bump up to an 11US, 150cm, or "O" in Jalie. I'll let you know how that goes.

Fabric: Used only 1/2 yard of $2.97 Jersey Knit Bunny Bakers White/Multi 65% cotton, 35% poly - 58" width.

 ~ Happy Sewing! ~ Kristin ~

2 comments:

  1. Oh, too bad it's too small - or at least slimmer than what she wants. I haven't used this pattern, but have found Jalie to be slim-fitting. (It's a huge change from the big 4 patterns!) I've made Jalie's men's t-shirt pattern many times and the fit you got here is about what it was on my boys. And my husband didn't like the fit, since he's used to baggy RTW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to keep that in mind, Joy, when I tackle the DH and DS's tees soon from that same men's pattern :)

      Thanks for the tip!

      Delete

Your comments really make my day! I read each and every one. Thank you!

Sorry for the word verification. I've had too many spammers lately.