Sunday, April 24, 2016

Pattern Testing ~ SUAT Aurora

Stitch Upon A Time has this amazing pattern called the Brazi (I’ll have a post soon with my awesome one – SUAT actually has many amazing patterns).  Anyway, now the Brazi pattern is available for girls and is called the Aurora!  I was lucky enough to be a pattern tester; I was so excited when I got the email that I almost poured my cereal into my tea…. I couldn’t get to my computer fast enough! 

kidzi 3close up 1

Just in time for summer, this pattern has a tank on top, skirt on bottom.  There are many options too such as crossed straps in back, uncrossed; shirt length, knee length or maxi length; and knit skirt or woven skirt!  I love options. 

kidzi 2
kidzi 5
The pattern goes from Newborn to size 12 girls!!  I wish I had a little one to put this on.  Miss K has been turning her nose up at dresses lately, but when I sewed up this pattern she didn’t want to take them off!  She loves them. 

IMG_6082IMG_6056


























SUAT patterns are amazing!  They are fast to sew; each dress took me about an hour to make.  The instructions are very detailed and give you pictures every step of the way. 

kidzi 6

I used my Silhouette Cameo to do the design on the front of the dress, it matches the design in the skirt.

kidzi 7

Fabric for the above dress:  1/2 yard of Light Turquoise Blue Jersey Knit, 97% cotton 3% Lycra.  I purchased this in January 2015 for $1.98.  The skirt part is 2 yards of Sapphire Blue Floral Jersey Knit, purchased in Feb 2016 for $10.50.  It was listed as a cotton lycra but behaves like a poly lycra.  Total for this dress: $12.48. 


After I made the blue one, Miss K wanted another one right away.  So I made this red one with a woven skirt. 

front view 1
back view 1

I used a size 12 for Miss K – this is exactly in line with her measurements.  I made no adjustments!

back view 2
front view 2

Fabric:  1/2 yard of Bright Red Jersey Knit, 97% cotton, 4% lycra; purchased in Jan 2015 for $1.98.  The skirt is 2 yards of White/Red Floral Print Lawn, purchased in March 2016 for $8.90.  Total for this dress: $10.88

front view 3
front view 4

I made the gold butterfly with my Silhouette cameo. 

IMG_6333

Happy Girl, happy Momma!  This pattern is amazing!
Interested in the pattern?  You can find it here:
http://stitchuponatime.com/product/aurora-crop-top-dress/
You can even get it with a Coupon!!  The code is: Aurora30 for 30% off (Through 4/27)


Hopefully I’ll get my Brazi posted tomorrow, pending the weather. 
 
*~* Happy Sewing!! *~*

Kristin



4 comments:

  1. These are 2 fabulous dresses! I love how you decorated each bodice with HTV. Your family is so lucky that you are so savvy with your silhouette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin, I love the Brazi and Aurora as well and would really love to know how you have changed the straps so they can be straight. The cross back is perfect for my sister in law, but I have to wear a bra!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robin! I didn't do anything special or complicated :) I just shortened the straps by about 2 inches and left them straight instead of crossing :D I can't go without the bra either. lol

      Delete

Your comments really make my day! I read each and every one. Thank you!

Sorry for the word verification. I've had too many spammers lately.