Sunday, April 24, 2016

Pattern Testing ~ SUAT Aurora

Stitch Upon A Time has this amazing pattern called the Brazi (I’ll have a post soon with my awesome one – SUAT actually has many amazing patterns).  Anyway, now the Brazi pattern is available for girls and is called the Aurora!  I was lucky enough to be a pattern tester; I was so excited when I got the email that I almost poured my cereal into my tea…. I couldn’t get to my computer fast enough! 

kidzi 3close up 1

Just in time for summer, this pattern has a tank on top, skirt on bottom.  There are many options too such as crossed straps in back, uncrossed; shirt length, knee length or maxi length; and knit skirt or woven skirt!  I love options. 

kidzi 2
kidzi 5
The pattern goes from Newborn to size 12 girls!!  I wish I had a little one to put this on.  Miss K has been turning her nose up at dresses lately, but when I sewed up this pattern she didn’t want to take them off!  She loves them. 

IMG_6082IMG_6056


























SUAT patterns are amazing!  They are fast to sew; each dress took me about an hour to make.  The instructions are very detailed and give you pictures every step of the way. 

kidzi 6

I used my Silhouette Cameo to do the design on the front of the dress, it matches the design in the skirt.

kidzi 7

Fabric for the above dress:  1/2 yard of Light Turquoise Blue Jersey Knit, 97% cotton 3% Lycra.  I purchased this in January 2015 for $1.98.  The skirt part is 2 yards of Sapphire Blue Floral Jersey Knit, purchased in Feb 2016 for $10.50.  It was listed as a cotton lycra but behaves like a poly lycra.  Total for this dress: $12.48. 


After I made the blue one, Miss K wanted another one right away.  So I made this red one with a woven skirt. 

front view 1
back view 1

I used a size 12 for Miss K – this is exactly in line with her measurements.  I made no adjustments!

back view 2
front view 2

Fabric:  1/2 yard of Bright Red Jersey Knit, 97% cotton, 4% lycra; purchased in Jan 2015 for $1.98.  The skirt is 2 yards of White/Red Floral Print Lawn, purchased in March 2016 for $8.90.  Total for this dress: $10.88

front view 3
front view 4

I made the gold butterfly with my Silhouette cameo. 

IMG_6333

Happy Girl, happy Momma!  This pattern is amazing!
Interested in the pattern?  You can find it here:
http://stitchuponatime.com/product/aurora-crop-top-dress/
You can even get it with a Coupon!!  The code is: Aurora30 for 30% off (Through 4/27)


Hopefully I’ll get my Brazi posted tomorrow, pending the weather. 
 
*~* Happy Sewing!! *~*

Kristin



2 comments:

  1. These are 2 fabulous dresses! I love how you decorated each bodice with HTV. Your family is so lucky that you are so savvy with your silhouette!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shirley! I love using that Silhouette. :)

      Delete

Your comments really make my day! I read each and every one. Thank you!

Sorry for the word verification. I've had too many spammers lately.