Mr. T never wears a shirt to bed and sweats even in the dead of winter. I pulled out my trusty Ottobre shorts pattern and set to make him up some new ones. You have seen me make this pattern multiple times now and it is most certainly a winner. The fit is superb and the length spot on.
Other times I've made these:
Terry cloth with ribbing
Shorts with Piping
I sewed the mock fly on these with my cheat sheet (see below), and used my cover stitch for the hems, fly top-stitching, and waistband top-stitching. Since I sewed them up assembly line style they went really fast. I have 1 more pair to make him and he should be set for summer pjs. I also plan to make him some shorts out of the same pattern.
I have 2 nightgowns cut and ready to sew for Miss K, and I am still working on shorts for myself but have run into some fitting issues.... those darn fitting issues!
1.5 yards Agent P, 100% cotton , $6
1.5 yards Bart Simpson, 100% cotton, $21 ouch! but they were special for him.
(stash is anything purchased before this year)
Stash used: 0 yards
Fabric Out: 11 yards
Fabric In: 28
Totals for the year to date:
Stash sew this year: 27 yards
Fabric out in 2014: 106 yards
Fabric in 2014: 105.5 yards
~ Happy Sewing! ~ Kristin ~