Monday, October 8, 2012

KCWC - Day 1 ~ Mushroom shirt ~ McCall's 6388

Day 1 of Kids Cloths Week Challenge!  I'm off to a great start!
I made this awesome shirt in one day (with many breaks).
I picked up this McCall's pattern Saturday at Hancock's for $0.99 and was anxious to start on it.  I didn't really have any fabric in mind to use but then when digging through my stash I knew instantly.

I was stressed out at first because the pattern calls for 1.25 yards of fabric. I Frankenstein-ed two half yards and it worked perfectly!  I used the gray mushroom for pieces 3 & 5 which are the main part of the shirt.  They fit so perfect on the half yard!  Then for the green I used pieces 1, 2, 4 & 6.  The yoke, sleeves, and pockets.

I really love every bit of this fabric so I took extreme caution and time with this one.  I pressed and re-pressed and double checked everything before I did it.

The pattern was wonderful.  It walked me through each step and I didn't have any real problems.  No complaints from me!  I plan on making this cute shirt again, maybe in long sleeves.




Miss K loves the pockets! 








Can I fit in it? Please?  It's everything I love!  Whimsical, mushrooms, green..... :-)
The fabric rocks.  I got it from Fabric.com

They have the Gray fabric in Red and the green in a yellow.  Those would be cute like this too!
Woodland Toadstool Houses Grey is the main part of mine
Woodland Toadstool Dots Olive is the green fabric. Both 100% cotton.

Woodland Toadstool Houses Red   Woodland Toadstool Dots Yellow



~ Happy Sewing! ~ Kristin ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments really make my day! I read each and every one. Thank you!

Sorry for the word verification. I've had too many spammers lately.