Thursday, August 8, 2013

McCall's 6067 ~ Pink Butterflies

This is my second time sewing this pattern.  The first was a ladybug and candy tree dress which I wasn't sure I liked.  However, the more K wears it the more I love it on her so I decided to make a second one.



Sizes go from 7-14.  The pattern shows one long dress and two short sundresses.  I sewed View A in a size 8 with a length of 10.  K wears an 8/10 RTW. 


Pattern calls for a 20" zipper, 1 yard of 1/2" elastic, and 1 7/8 yards of fabric 45" width for size 8.  



I shortened to a 16" zipper and had 1.5 yards of the pink butterfly fabric.  I lined the bodice in a very soft and lightweight white cotton. The pattern calls for a lined bodice and waistband.  I didn't line the waistband this time because I didn't like  the bulk on the previous one.  The skirt is unlined. 



I cut the neck elastic 1/2" shorter than stated.  I used two rows of basting for the gathering on the bodice, then switched to my serger to gather the skirt part.  I also serged both raw edges of the skirt center back before stitching them together to the large dot - this makes a clean edge when I insert the zipper. 




I love the results!  This dress is so cute.  There are some really cute designs hidden in the graffiti.  I found mushrooms, bees, tulips, and of course butterflies. 


Fabric: 1.5 yards "Natural Graffiti Butterflies & Flowers Pink" 100% cotton. Bought from Fabric.com on 01/20/13 for $7.62 total.  The white lining on the bodice I've had in my stash forever.  16" zipper from cleanersupply.com $0.80. 

TOTAL: $8.42

And here is our new little bistro set :)

perfect for a snack break!


~ Happy Sewing! ~ Kristin ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments really make my day! I read each and every one. Thank you!

Sorry for the word verification. I've had too many spammers lately.