Thursday, May 23, 2013

Crafting ~ Doll Clothes ~ Simplicity 7083

Miss K goes in spurts on what she likes to play with.  Some days it is Barbies, other days it is Legos.  Once in a great while she pulls out her American Doll girls - like this week.

Awhile back I made some clothes for her dolls out of Miss K's old favorite shirts.  She got a kick out of it.  Just this week when she was playing with the dolls she asked me to make them some new clothes.

This is such a great way to make her happy inexpensively and uses up scraps in the process!

I used Simplicity's Pattern 7083 to make a nightgown and a top and shorts set.  View G and View I & B
The nightgown is the same fabric as Miss K's vintage pajama outfit; and the top and shorts set is from Miss K's puppy sundress.






 I used buttons on one and snaps on the other.


The pattern was written fine, no mistakes or confusion. They came together fast and I think they turned out cute. In the future I would use less than the 11 inches for the elastic in the neck.  I think I'd try 10, or maybe even 9.



~ Happy Sewing! ~ Kristin ~

1 comment:

  1. I love the night gown. And I want to give this pattern a try. But I hope it will come out as beautiful as yours. Thanks anyway for sharing this pattern.
    ShopAtOliviasDollCloset.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments really make my day! Thanks!

Sorry for the word verification. Too many spammers lately.