Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Hooded Raglan and Leggings

Have you ever made an outfit you just fell in love with immediately?  Ah I just love this outfit!  I feel sort of like a badass when I wear it. 

Both patterns are Patterns for Pirates



I promised you I would remake the Ottobre raglan into a P4P raglan because I had enough leftover fabric.  And since my serger was ready to go with black thread, I made it right away. 


The raglan is size M (one size down from my measurements).  I scooped in the waist by 3 inches on each side for a more fitted look.  This time I added a hood and thumbhole cuffs as well as a curved hem (all options with the pattern).


Fabric: 1 yard black cotton lycra knit from Wal-Mart for $5.98 and 1 yard White/Black Lace Print cotton lycra knit purchased in Nov. from Fashion Fabrics Club for $2.63.  Total for the shirt: $8.61


The leggings are called “PegLegs” and you can actually get this pattern for free if you join the facebook group.  The code is in the pinned post I think.


I made the size for my measurements, XL.  They looked so tiny when I was done sewing them!  I put them on and thought they were tight but after 2 minutes they molded to my body and I didn’t want to take them off!  They are super comfortable.  Plus, they were the fastest sew.


Fabric: 1 yard Black Cotton lycra knit from Wal-Mart $5.98






I have my flannel shirt traced out, I just need to build courage to cut the fabric.  I also want to get 5 Christmas presents sewn up this week.  Have you gotten all of your holiday sewing finished?

~ Happy Sewing! ~ Kristin ~

5 comments:

  1. Hahaha, Peg Leggings! The most perfect name! Love your new hoodie - that fabric is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Twins were very taken with both these pieces, you are an enabler!
    xx N

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL They are perfect pieces for your 2 girls :D I can totally see both them wearing something like this. Thanks Nicole!

      Delete
  3. This is such a great looking outfit! Those leggings look awesome too!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments really make my day! I read each and every one. Thank you!

Sorry for the word verification. I've had too many spammers lately.