Top: Jalie 3023
T for the shoulders, U for the bust/waist, and W for the hips. These are one step up from my measurements. This is the same I used in February for my other suit I made. The fit is still great even tough I've gained weight.
I added clear elastic to the top band. I didn't' have issue with it gaping on the other one but I haven't tested it in the water yet, but just to be safe that this one won't gape at all :-)
Shorts: Jalie 3351
V at the waist to a Z at the hip (one size up from my measurements also)
This time I was able to sew the brief correctly into the shorts so no seam is by the waist. Thanks Shirley for those awesome directions!!
Fabric: Pink/Navy Lycra stripe swim knit I picked up from fabricstalkers on facebook for only $3 for the yard. I am smitten with this fabric!! The white is White Activewear. It has a soft brushed surface on the backside and wow. I wish I had more of this. It is so soft. I used up my last scraps to finish this suit.
Insides, see! no seam!
Top insides include a nice shelf bra
I love these patterns - they are true winners.
I made another set up for K because her other ones ended up tight. So I made these bigger and they are a tad loose. LOL. I'm done with suits for a bit now so she will just have to make due!
Teal paired with floral is: "Teal Green Activewear" and is nylon/lycra. It is thin and really slippery, plus it is very stretchy. I would use it more for dance and not so much for swim; it was a pain to sew. I used up the very last bits of both these fabrics.
I'm working on shorts right now: traced, muslin, adjusted, sewn, adjusted, wore. re-traced, re-adjusted... lol. I'm getting there. ;-)
Here's a side by side of Feb to now to show my weight change. Small changes, but they do make a difference
~ Happy Sewing! ~ Kristin ~