Thursday, May 28, 2015

Jalie Swimsuits

To combat my lack of sewing mojo I jumped back in with swimsuits.  We have a 15' pool that we put up in the summer (my muscles and joints love it!) so I figured we would need more suits than just 1 each.  Plus, the local pool was rebuilt with a fun waterpark type theme and I know the kids will want to spend lots of time there this summer too.


Pattern:
Top: Jalie 3023
T for the shoulders, U for the bust/waist, and W for the hips.  These are one step up from my measurements.  This is the same I used in February for my other suit I made. The fit is still great even tough I've gained weight.
I added clear elastic to the top band. I didn't' have issue with it gaping on the other one but I haven't tested it in the water yet, but just to be safe that this one won't gape at all :-)


Shorts: Jalie 3351
V at the waist to a Z at the hip (one size up from my measurements also)
This time I was able to sew the brief correctly into the shorts so no seam is by the waist. Thanks Shirley for those awesome directions!!


Fabric: Pink/Navy Lycra stripe swim knit I picked up from fabricstalkers on facebook for only $3 for the yard.  I am smitten with this fabric!!  The white is White Activewear.  It has a soft brushed surface on the backside and wow. I wish I had more of this.  It is so soft. I used up my last scraps to finish this suit.


Insides, see! no seam!

Top insides include a nice shelf bra

I love these patterns - they are true winners.

I made another set up for K because her other ones ended up tight. So I made these bigger and they are a tad loose. LOL.  I'm done with suits for a bit now so she will just have to make due!
 Floral is "Italian Swimwear Print - Neon Multi" and is nylon/spandex.  .
Teal paired with floral is: "Teal Green Activewear" and is nylon/lycra. It is thin and really slippery, plus it is very stretchy. I would use it more for dance and not so much for swim; it was a pain to sew.  I used up the very last bits of both these fabrics.

I'm working on shorts right now: traced, muslin, adjusted, sewn, adjusted, wore. re-traced, re-adjusted... lol.  I'm getting there. ;-)

Here's a side by side of Feb to now to show my weight change. Small changes, but they do make a difference


~ Happy Sewing! ~ Kristin ~

4 comments:

  1. I love it!!!! $3 a yard? I'm jealous! After posting, I'm looking them up on Facebook! This turned out so nice. You make me want to make another bathing suit....in that fabric! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, it was a flash sale sort of thing. Sadly I got the last yard of this, though it would be awesome if you could find a yard. It's really great stuff! I never would have thought swim suits would be so easy and fast to sew!! Thanks Shirley!

      Delete

Your comments really make my day! I read each and every one. Thank you!

Sorry for the word verification. I've had too many spammers lately.