Ottobre 05/2013 #1B Autumn Mood Tunic
I’ve made this pattern a few times before as a tee:
Teal Color Block Light rayon Color Blocked color blocked zig-zag
And once before as a tunic: Geometric Sweater Knit Tunic
Size: I have been doing a lot of flat pattern measuring lately. It does not guarantee fit, but does get really close. I took my measurements as front bust, back bust; front waist, back waist, and so on. Then I measure on each pattern piece. I went with a size 42 for the whole pattern due to this, and then did my alterations from there. My current measurements put me in a 42 for shoulders/44 bust, 42 waist/46 hip
- added 1.5” to sleeve width and 5.25” to sleeve length to get a full sleeve instead of 3/4 sleeve
- 1/2” square shoulder
- made neckline less open by adding 1.5” to inside part of shoulder pieces (basically redrafted the neck curve)
- took off 1” from back bust
- added 5” to back hip
- At this point I sewed the tunic except hems and found I still had to bring in the waist 6” total
Instructions: Good. They are short and too the point, but describe enough that you can sew with no issues.
Fabric: 1.5 yards of Classic Blue, Cotton/Poly/Spandex Knit (55% Cotton, 35% Poly, 10% Spandex). I purchased this for $6 total from FabricMart in December 2015. This turned out to be a lovely weight knit. Nice and medium weight, no trace of being sheer. I hope it washes and wears well.
Thoughts: I like this tunic quite a bit. I wore it out today. I do wish I would not have added the pockets. I feel they are in a weird high spot on me. In the future I would probably add side seam pockets instead of these patch pockets. My hands keep trying to go into the side seam, searching for a pocket! I love the mod vibe the tunic gives though.
Burdastyle 12/2008 #114 ~ Nightgown
Size: size 42, but I graded out the back hip to a size 46 to accommodate my larger rear.
- After sewing this up I had to take off a total of 8 inches from bust to waist.
- The neckline was a bit low before adding binding so I did not take off any seam allowance there, only sewing on the edge of the binding.
- The neckline piece was 5 inches too long.
- My fabric was so loose and drapey that the pleats do not want to stay; however the pattern calls for loose and drapey fabric.
- I did not feel like hemming the bottom of the nightgown so I just cut off the 1.5” hem allowance. The length is perfect.
Instructions: These were actually easy to follow. I had no issues. They were short and to the point, but this is usual for Burda.
Fabric: 1.5 yards of Black and white rayon striped knit from Hancocks. Purchased April 30th, 2015 for $5.80 total. This fabric was very lightweight and a little slipperier than most rayon jerseys I have sewn with. It is soft though so perfect for sleepwear.