Ottobre 06/2013 #39 Raglan Tee
Mr. T hardly gets any sewing from me because he is in middle school now and he is"too cool" to wear any mom made clothes. I've learned in the past that if anything is to be worn it must be as plain as possible.
I cut a straight size 152 for him. I used the gray cotton lycra for the bodice and then some scraps I had left of the teal from an Ottobre top of mine for his sleeves. I really just eeked out the bodice out of the fabric.
No issues sewing it up. Raglans are nice and fast gratification projects. He said he liked it and wore it all day (at home). We will see if it gets worn to school. The neck tends to ride up in the back just a tad when he wears it but otherwise it looks great on him.
poor kid just woke up ;-)
Ottobre 04/2013 #30 Leggings
Miss K can always use leggings. I was able to easily pop these out of the leftover gray fabric. They sewed up fast. I'be used this legging pattern a few times now (I think 4?) and I really like it. The rise is a tad high on K but it covers her rear well and she doesn't complain (much) about these.
K did however gave me crap about how gray is not a good color for a girl and no one wears gray leggings. The sass on that girl. But then after I put them under her leopard dress you see pulled up here, she was fine with them. Sigh. Anyway, I used size 152 width, 146 in height. They are a bit long for growing room.
Ottobre 06/2013 #33 Undies
I had the tiniest amount of gray fabric left and cut out this pair of undies for K. I really love the Jalie underwear pattern and so does K but I like to try new things so I tried these from Ottobre. I used binding for the legs instead of elastic. with more of the teal scraps as you saw in T's Raglan.
I've been trying to get used to my binder attachment for my coverstitch. I'm happy to say that these turned out perfect for me! Yay. I wanted to make them a bit prettier so I added the owl stencil. Well, that was a bad move. The paint is "too scratchy" for K to wear them. Crud. Fit wise these are excellent and a great alternative to the Jalie undies. I've made 2 other pairs before, but unblogged up until now because my binding stitches were so wonky from learning that attachment, lol. K loves these and wears them as often as they are clean. She won't wear any store undies anymore.
For the price of the binding attachment ($79) it is a useful tool. It sure does make sewing on bindings soooo fast. It took me a small bit of time to get used to it and now it goes pretty smoothly. You can read more about that attachment if you want by clicking the pic here below. I think anything is useful if it makes sewing easier and faster ;-)
~ Happy Sewing! ~ Kristin ~