I thought I would do a few fun posts the end of this year. The Sewcialists came up with a fun #SewingTop5 and I will play along. I have already posted my top 5 Hits and Misses of 2020. Now it is time for my top 5 non-sewing highlights. Then I will post reflections, and goals.
2020 was a crazy year for everyone. For us it was pretty low-key. The kids were home, the husband’s job requires almost 80 hours per week of his time now so he is gone often. Miss K and I are very high risk so we didn’t enter anywhere for over 6 months+. It felt so eerie to go into the doctor’s office after all that time. We still do not go anywhere unless it is deemed necessary (doctor, dentist). I spend most my time at home anyway, so it wasn’t a huge change for me. I’m also a huge introvert so again, not much change except most our groceries went out of stock and the kids had unruly times of boredom and frustration.
The top 5 non-sewing highlights are pretty mellow for 2020.
1. I have other hobbies besides sewing. I spent quite a bit of time on them. They include video games, reading, puzzles, painting, canning, watching movies, pretty much anything low-key or creative.I worked on my fox painting some this year (I think I started it in 2017. it’s taking a long time as my hand gets tired easily).
I also put together a bunch of puzzles.
I tried to watch a bunch of shows I had backlogged. I am not a big TV person so I can only handle maybe an hour or two of the tv screen a day. Many days I go without any TV; it is just not my thing, really.
I canned a bit this year. Not as much as at our old house, but a decent amount.
We baked cookies, muffins, breads, etc.
Walking the dogs.
Walking in general, just to get out of these 4 walls.
Playing in the snow, in the pool, and in the tent. Trying to keep busy and not bored.
4. We found a friend who kept wandering in our yard this summer. This was a super exciting event that kept us entertained for about a week. She seemed to like our pool stuff. After a week Mrs. Turtle moved on. My husband thinks she was looking for a place to lay her eggs. (she was not harmed, we picked her up 2 times to put her by the edge of the fence by a hole so she could leave; she just kept coming back to the middle of our yard!)
I also worked on house projects a ton. I re-did all the trim, we carpeted the stairs, I replaced all window screens, touched up paint, finished the kitchen backsplash, etc. Just an absolute ton of things. We will live here 1-3 more years and then move to a more “forever” home closer to my husband’s work. I look forward to moving. This in-town living is difficult for all of us.
Other than that, we spent a lot of time laying around and such. We’ve been blessed in that it hasn’t been too bad of a year for us besides my cruddy health. I feel bad for others who are deeply impacted by the virus.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments really make my day! I read each and every one. Thank you!
Sorry for the word verification. I've had too many spammers lately.