Way, way, way back in April 2016 I made a spoxxy tank to test the fit. Pattern is by Stitch Upon a Time (SUAT). I hated it and stuffed it in the UFO/revisit pile. In July (2019) I pulled it out and decided to make some changes. One of the reasons I hated it was the bottom band.
ORIGINAL TANK:Bottom bands are tricky for me with my pear shape. Sometimes I can pull them off and sometimes they look terrible. In this case it made the top poof up and I hated it. So, three years after it was banned to the UFO/revisit pile I pulled it out, chopped off the bottom band, hemmed it, and finished the arm/neck cover stitching.
Date sewn: 11/02/19
My measurements at the time: Bust 39, Waist 32, Hip 47.5
Size sewn: L bust to 2X hip as I wanted it nice and flowy.
Alterations: none!
Fabric: 2 yards of a paisley blue/white floral ITY knit. I got it in a scrap box in June 2017 but I don’t know from where. I get scrap boxes from FabricMart and Knit pop so one of those. I used Royal blue cotton lycra scraps for the bands and back racer spot.
Thoughts: I love it! I really, really love it! It’s easy to throw on. I like ITY fabric because it’s cool feeling on my skin. It is a loose style so it can be worn with my weight changes. I wear it every time it is clean. I need to make a few more.
This year I’m going to try to sew through my stash and reduce it a bit. I have been feeling overwhelmed by the amount of fabric I have; it has been stifling my creativity, too. Having a stash is great when you need fabric for a project, but having too much stash can be smothering. I have cut down on the amount of fabric I buy DRASTICALLY. It has been hard, but I hope to reduce by 1/3rd this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments really make my day! I read each and every one. Thank you!
Sorry for the word verification. I've had too many spammers lately.