Sunday, November 11, 2012

Procrastination project complete!

I'm almost embarrassed to say how long it took me to finish these! (June this year I started them)
For some reason I just didn't want to sit down and complete them.

Well I was browsing for new fabric for a skirt and Miss K saw rose fabric..... this led her to remember her rose pjs that I never finished.  (Insert Miss K's whining request to finish them already....) Today it's rainy and cold out so I figured why not. I had to re-thread the serger with white since I had black in it; that was time consuming.


I only had to finish inserting the sleeves, all the hems, and do the buttonholes and buttons on the top.  The shorts only needed to be hemmed and elastic waist put in.  It was a nice little project and the flannels are so buttery soft I just wanted to crawl in them myself!


 I sewed down the interfacing all around the sides and collar this time. 

You can barely see the thread on the back of the collar

PATTERN INFO: Simplicity 2046 Sewing Patterns

FABRIC INFO: The shorts are an amazing soft double napped flannel. Clicking pic will take you right to the exact fabric. 
Comfy Double Napped Flannel Lemon Tree
(On sale right now for only $4.49/yard!)

The Rose Flannel I picked up at Hancock's for really cheap a while back. Click here for 
Hancock Fabrics Homepage



Have you finished a project lately that you've been putting on hold?

~ Happy Sewing! ~ Kristin ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments really make my day! I read each and every one. Thank you!

Sorry for the word verification. I've had too many spammers lately.