Hello! I know it’s been awhile! I’ve been very sick still. I did just find out that I have H. pylori. Sadly, I’m hoping it is the reason for some/most of my problems. I just finished a wicked course of meds and can’t say yet if I feel any better. Time will tell. I have been able to get back into the sewing room though!
So, I am not a fan of Dolman sleeves. I just don’t like how they look on me and they feel weird. However, I love how fast of a sew they are. Back in May 2016 I wore a P4P Sweet Tee I made out of cotton lycra.
I wasn’t sold on it and cut it up for underwear. Then I from time to time I thought about that tee and how easy it was to throw on. Fast forward to last week when I had some leftover fabric from a dress I’m making and I decided I would try the Sweet tee out again.
This time I used Double brushed poly. It feels heavenly. I still don’t like how the Dolman sleeves feel on my arms. I dislike the top seam. But I love how this top looks.
Size: Large for bust/waist, sloped to XL at hip. I also did a 1/2” forward shoulder adjustment.
Small swayback is needed if I make this again.
Fabric: 1 yard Double Brushed Denim Teal Amber Floral on Poly Spandex; $8.50 from Knitpop
My lovely camera was acting up and it was 90°F, in September!?!. This is the best side picture I could get.
Jalie 3352 Dolman:
I decided to compare the P4P Sweet Tee Dolman with the Jalie 3352 Dolman. I used charcoal cotton lycra for this one. I used size W tapering out to size Z at the hip. I did a 1/4” forward shoulder adjustment and straightened the bottom because I don’t care for a high/lo hem.
After I made it and tried it on it was huge on me. I ended up tapering in each side by 2”. I still do not like it. It’s too loose and baggy. I'll be chopping this one up.
I did however enjoy learning to do a reverse coverstitch and of course it turned out perfect because I won’t be wearing this top.
Size L at the waist to XL hips down. I also scooped out 1/2” from the back butt curve.
These feel amazing when wearing them, though they do ride up my thighs. Now that I see these pictures I see all these wrinkles :(
Fabric: Peacock space dye fabric from Joann's. 1 yard. $10.19; normally I would never pay that much for a yard of noncustom fabric but Miss K had to have it. And I’ll admit I do love how thick it is. Of course now Joann doesn’t have anymore.
I made another pair I loved these first ones so much.
And once I saw these pictures I saw more riding up at the hip. I guess I need to make this pattern an XL at the hip instead of a large. This fabric has more recovery too and is a bit tighter than the brushed poly I used the first time.
Fabric: Black Space Dye Poly Spandex Performance Tech Knit Fabric, 1 yard from Stylish fabrics; $7.20; This fabric was supposed to be made into pants for me however… Miss K decided she would steal it and tell me she needed gym pants the following day. So I only had leftovers to work with.
BurdaStyle 11/2007 #122
Gym Pants. Miss K needed them in one day. She stole my fabric and even the pattern I was going to use it for! In the end she was happy so it worked out. This is Burdastyle 11/2007 #122 Yoga pants
Size: 42. Then I shortened the rise 1” and took 2” out of the length. I tapered each leg in by 1” for a total of 4”! Miss K still says they are too wide at the leg (she loves those skinny jeans). The waistband is originally 10 inches which you fold in half to 5 inches and then fold over again for the yoga waist. Miss K hated that so I chopped up the waistband to be 3” and put in 1.5” sport elastic, folded over. She wears them for gym and likes them enough so that is a win in my book.