I wanted to try out a vintage ©1980 Simplicity pattern (which reminds me of Punky Brewster so much). K had picked it out at Goodwill one day.
The pattern has a 2 piece raglan sleeves a button closure in back, and a "U" shaped hem.
I followed the directions for the most part. I also tried out a narrow hem foot; on flannel. LOL. Let's just say it didn't work well because the fabric was too thick and it also didn't like the curves on the hem.
The neck bias cut of fabric was never going to fit the neckline so I had to add a good 4 inches to it. It is a size 10 so a bit big on K right now - she will grow. I added cute Ariel bows to the front that we have had for-ev-er in the stash. I made a fabric loop in the back instead of a hand-stitched thread loop. "bling button"
here is the 2 piece raglan sleeve
All in all it went ok but I don't think I'd use this pattern again. It worked well for the wild print but is really such a plain pattern. K loves it. She wore it straight after school today and even asked to take pictures.
(side note: I love this banana couch. It was my great-grandparents!)
My beautiful peanut also turned 8 on Friday :-( *stop growing*
She received her first sewing machine :D
Stash fabric used: 2 yards.
Total stash used in 2014: 10.5 yards
I also updated my "upcoming" page with lots of goodies I hope to tackle. The list will keep me on track and help when I have those days where I'm not sure what to sew.
~ Happy Sewing! ~ Kristin ~