Sunday, December 31, 2017

2017 Hits and Misses


When I was looking through my 2017 makes I realized that everything I made on my SWAP (sewing with a plan) for Jan-April was a hit.  I will strive to make more SWAP’s going forward.  It is nice to have things planned out and work all together.  I am super proud of this SWAP because I have a hard time putting outfits together and I think this was very cohesive.

Hits
Here was the original SWAP for Q1 2017
modified swap

I made all but 2 things.  And I still hope to make those at a later date.  I did swap the Jalie cardi for black instead of teal and made a shrug for the dress instead of leggings.  I loved everything I made here, especially the Ginger Jeans.  I wear them alllll the time. 

ginger 6

Here are the Ginger jeans,  the Jalie drop pocket cardi, and the Burda cowl top.  I need to make more Gingers.  I wear these every time I go somewhere.  I don’t even wear my beloved Gap jeans anymore. 

maroon1

Here is the P4P Sweetheart dress, with Jalie Shrug

20170310_203618[2] (1)

And here is the Renfrew top with Jalie Yoga bottoms.

I have to give an honorable mention to the below:

sweet tee 1

Patterns for Pirates Sweet Tee.  It is the perfect mix of color and fit for me. 

Misses
When there are hits, there are also misses.  Sometimes my misses are fabric choice, sometimes fabric.  And other times it’s both!  Here are the makes from 2017 that just didn’t work.

gray jalie 2

Jalie Dolman.  I just cannot get this pattern to work for me.  The fabric was a bad choice too.  I am chopping this one up for underwear. 

greensweet1[2]

P4P sweetheart dress in Sweater Knit.  Now I love this pattern, and it is a hit in the right fabric, but the color of this is just all wrong.  The sweater knit doesn’t feel right; it is loose but somewhat heavy, pulling the dress down weird.  It just doesn’t work.  I have never worn it.  Technically I made it then end of 2016 but didn’t post it until 2017. 

The below are a bunch of misses this year, I just haven’t posted them yet!
misses

I don’t even remember what the first shirt pattern is.  . .   The P4P sunshine bodice I just cannot get to fit right.  It’s poochy and weird in the front.  A McCall’s cardigan made with the wrong fabric, too thick.  A McCalls tank dress that was huge and crappy.  P4P Mama Joggers that were just all wrong in fit.  And P4P pegs as shorts with pocket add on.  Not really a fail for the pattern, but my fabric swish swishes and drives me bonkers.  Plus they ride up terribly. 

On to 2018!  Where I hope to have many more hits, a few misses, and loads of happy sewing. 

4 comments:

  1. You have been so busy! I love the sweetheart dress and that is on my list for this summer to make. I definitely will make the shrug; I love the look of the 2 together. I like how you make color-coded pictures of your SWAP. Everything you do is so well thought out and organized. One of these days I will have to buy the Ginger jean pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shirley! I tend to go in bursts. I hope you make the dress this summer, you will love it. It is like your other one that you made and I always forget the name :)

      Delete
  2. What a great year! That floral sweetheart dress is just perfect. Love the Renfrew cowl on you too!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments really make my day! I read each and every one. Thank you!

Sorry for the word verification. I've had too many spammers lately.