Friday, October 12, 2012

Hip Hip Hooray for the Corduroy! ~ Day 5 of KCWC

I love fall!  All of the colors, the cooler weather, the lack of humidity!  I especially love drinking hot cocoa on chilly days and wearing layers of snuggly clothes!

I've had this corduroy owl fabric in my stash for quite some time now (since Jan 2012!); he's been laying around not knowing what I should make him into.  In the meantime, Miss K has outgrown her adorable kitty tiered dress here.  Kids grow so darn fast!

I picked up the navy corduroy at Hancock's during their big blowout sale back here because I knew exactly what to do with the owl fabric at that moment. 1 yard owl fabric; 1.5 yards navy fabric. Total cost of fabric: $17.92 (and I still have a bit of both left over)

Ta Da!
(we are still remodeling this room! lol)  




Yes, I know. Yet another dress in the  Simplicity sewing pattern 2377: Childs Dresses size A (3-4-5-6-7-8)



  • Also seen here - summer dress
  • and here - kitty dress, same view
  • and also here - Easter dress

This is one of my treasured patterns and it is so easy and fun to make.  I love each dress it produces and Miss K goes crazy for the comfy-ness of them.  Dad loves that they are age appropriate (so hard to find these days) and long enough.  I think at this point, with this being my 4th time making this pattern, I could almost do it in my sleep!  It was great working with the corduroy too.

Perfect solution to 3 problems: Kitty dress outgrown, owl fabric needed a project, lack of fall dresses in Miss K's wardrobe.

Ah..... Corduroy!  I love it's softness; the owl fabric is like butter!  Let's hope Miss K doesn't outgrow this one too fast!


Made from  Simplicity sewing pattern 2377: Childs Dresses size A (3-4-5-6-7-8)
View C
modification: no ties attached, no bow on front.
I followed every step of the pattern otherwise.  I really love doing these sleeves.   They always turn out perfect and they aren't a hassle like other sleeves.

Fabric:
Winchester Stretch 23 Wale Corduroy Navy Blue
Navy Corduroy from Hancock; However they also have it at Fabric.com

Kaufman 21 Wale Cool Cords Owls Harvest Natural
Kaufmann Owl Fabric from Fabric.com


~ Happy Sewing! ~ Kristin ~

5 comments:

  1. Very Cute. I love this pattern too and have made it more than once as well. If I have to make a dress in less than 2 days this is the one I reach for first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Cosmo! I'm so glad to know other people love this pattern as well!

      Delete
  2. I love this dress! The owls are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. New reader here! Love your blog! You are doing an awesome job with the sewing, and if miss k outgrows it in length make it a tunic over slim pants :-). I remember having to make our girls dresses and such as nothing on the racks is modest. Keep it up :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your wonderful comment :D It sure made me smile.

      I also feel that nothing on the clothes racks are modest anymore. My baby girl is only 6! She doesn't need to dress so revealing! :)

      Thanks for the tunic idea as well; I'll have to try it.

      Delete

Your comments really make my day! I read each and every one. Thank you!

Sorry for the word verification. I've had too many spammers lately.