- high bust 39 inches
- bust 42 inches
- waist 37 inches
- hip 48.5 inches
- I made 1/2-inch forward shoulder adjustment
- Lowered pocket by an inch
- Widened neck & strap bindings to 1.5” and sewed ½” seam allowance. They were too skinny on original pattern
- Pet Peeve: the Curved hem doesn’t have notches outward so it doesn’t meet the edges at the hem (picture below).
I was hesitant about the seam down the center back but holy cow! I am sold! It took away my swayback issue immediately and I love how it curves over my but with no issues or bumps.
The pattern is FREE and I waited this long to make it. I was missing out! Now I am thinking, how can I add sleeves to this pattern to make it an amazing t-shirt.
Pattern: Ellie & Mac – Curved Hem Tank (FREE!!!) Yes, I made it AGAIN because I loved the first one so much. Made previously: in the aqua floral shown above this one.- high bust 39 inches
- bust 42 inches
- waist 37 inches
- hip 48.5 inches
- I made 1/2-inch forward shoulder adjustment
- Lowered pocket by an inch
- Widened neck & strap bindings to 1.75” and sewed ½” seam allowance. They were too skinny on original pattern
I used 1 yard. I purchased it 07/08/15 for $6.60/yard.
- high bust 39 inches
- bust 42 inches
- waist 39 inches
- hip 49.5 inches
- Used the modest shoulder option
- XL @ shoulder and neck to XXL bust to 1X waist and hip
- ¼” Forward Shoulder adjustment
- The neckline was too “choke-y” so I lowered it 1” down in front to 0” at the shoulders
- I made the neckband 1”x19.75” not the 1”x15.25” called for. I couldn’t get the smaller neckband over my head even!!!
*Pet Peeves* The neckband wasn’t cut on a fold, no waist markings. The fabric cutting guide is super funny. No way would anyone cut their fabric like that. It really wastes fabric. I cut the “normal way” of flipping both selvages to meet in the middle and cutting tank front on one side and tank back on other side, then bands below. Because of the wonky cutting suggestion the pattern asks for 1 7/8 yard of fabric. ALMOST 2 yards for a tank?? No way. I cut it my way described and got a size 1X out of 1 yard, 1inch.
The tank is okish. I’m not a fan really. The neck is way too high for me even though I lowered it. There is way too much side boob showing. The armscyes are really low. A 1X size in this pattern is the same as a size L in love notions patterns. I realize I’m not petite, but the pattern was free and I’ve seen other non-petite people make it on Facebook. I thought I would give it a go. And I don’t care for it so I won’t be making it again.
- high bust 39 inches
- bust 42 inches
- waist 37 inches
- hip 48.5 inches
- 37.5 bust
- 31 waist
- 45 hip
I sewed up the shoulders and sides back in May 2017. Then didn’t like the fit and left it in the UFO pile all these years and 2 house moves. I pulled it out August 2022 and decided to finish it. I had to hem the bottom and add bands to the arms and neck. Well I lost the arm bands so I was like, whatever, at this point I’m finishing it. I switched the armbands to black dbp. I think it works since there are black heathering in the design of the green knit.
Anyway, back to this old UFO that is now finally finished but too small for me now. in the beginning in 2017 I hated those damn under bust lines. I didn’t understand how to get rid of them. I think now I know more about adjustments and my body that I can fix that. I think the bust point needs raised, or less fabric underbust and more fabric for my butt. In 2022 pictures there are no bust drag lines because my bust fills it out. in 2020 there are bust drags and in 2017 there are big bust drag lines. Maybe I needed a small bust adjustment. Either way, I’m just glad it’s finished and I will wait until I can wear it again if I lose some weight.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments really make my day! I read each and every one. Thank you!
Sorry for the word verification. I've had too many spammers lately.