Sunday, July 28, 2019

P4P Essentials Tank and Sos Knit Shorts


I have started taking better notes when sewing.  I made myself a template and keep track of my measurements at the time, the date I start and finish an item, the size, alterations, and any notes.  I seem to make a bunch of things and then take forever to get pictures of them – then take longer to write a blog post about them.  So by the time I get to the post, I have forgotten a few details.  Now with the templates I should be able to keep those details until I”m ready to write about them.  

In the past month I’ve referenced quite a few of my blog posts before sewing things – the whole reason I blog, to keep track for myself. 

First up today:  Patterns for Pirates – Essentials Tank 

IMG_8934

Made before: Black with green plaid (apr2017), as well as 3 for Miss K (Pink: jan2017, teal: jun2017, & space dye: dec2016)

My measurements at this time: 39 bust, 31.5 waist, 46 hip

IMG_8938

Started sewing: 06/12/19, finished sewing 06/12/19

Size Sewn: L at bust/waist to XL at hip

Alterations/Options: curved hem, racerback.

IMG_8924

Fabric: Plain black double brushed poly.  Where and when I picked it up is a guess because I have a few yards of black dbp. I think I got it in an auction box from Knitpop in June 2017. $3.70/yard – took 1 yard to make.  92% Poly 8% Spandex, 200gsm

sas101

Thoughts:  simple top, easy and fast to sew.  I like it a lot.  I made it specifically to wear with these green floral capri leggings I made in May.

IMG_8915

For future: Needs 1/2” more at the back hip.


Up Next, a wadder.
Patterns for Pirates – Sos Pants

IMG_8955

Never made before. This was my test pair.

My measurements at this time: 31.5 waist, 46 hip

IMG_8951

Started sewing: 06/12/19, finished sewing 07/01/19

Size Sewn: XL waist to XXL hip

IMG_8948

Alterations/Options: skinny leg option, cut it at the thigh end for the shorts. I added 1.5” elastic to the waist at 31.5” long.

Fabric: Dark Turquoise Ponte Knit.  purchased Aug 2016 from fashionfabricsclub for $3.95/yard.  These used a little more than a yard. 50% Polyester 47% Rayon 3% Lycra

IMG_8942

Thoughts: Not enough support in the knit fabric for front pockets at the waist area.  Too tight in the butt, it pulls at the back pockets.  Back pockets are too small.  Generally they don’t look good and I don’t really like them.

IMG_8941

For future: I’m not sure I’ll ever make these again, but if I do I will leave off the front pockets, make the back pockets bigger, and add a bit of room to the thighs and crotch curve.

1 comment:

  1. That essentials tank fits you perfectly!! I've made it dress length and just use it for a nightgown. Here I am, wishing I had more tank tops and you never disappoint...you are like a light bulb moment in my head with your blog posts. LOL I need to pull my pattern out and make some tops now!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments really make my day! I read each and every one. Thank you!

Sorry for the word verification. I've had too many spammers lately.