Monday, July 8, 2019

BurdaStyle 01/2017 #103 The Oversized Hoodie

burdasweat2

I read a few reviews on this hoodie before I made it.  They all stated it was large and to size down.  So I did and it still turned out way big. (This was made in April).

burdasweat3

Size: My measurements at the time put me in size 42 bust/waist and 46 hip.  I sewed up a size 40 bust/waist and 42 hip.  This hoodie should be advertised as oversized. (I skipped the kangaroo front pocket because it went over my panel design). Before attaching the hood and hemband I tried it on and saw it was enormous so I took an extra 2" off each side.  It still is very large.

burdasweat1

Instructions:  I glanced at them here and there.  They were ok for the most part.  You need prior knowledge of how to put a hoodie together before tackling this project.

burdasweat4

Fabric: Charcoal cotton lycra; royal cotton lycra; and a Raccoon panel from Wanderlust Designs. 

burdasweat5

Thoughts:  I know it can be hard to tell in the pictures, but I feel like I'm drowning in it and it feels very frumpy.  When a shirt matches my hips I lose my waist and it makes me look 2x larger than I am.  I love the style of the pattern and my fabric choices, so I’m a bit sad it is too large. I cannot take any more off the sides because I will lose most of the design there.   I don’t think I’ll attempt this pattern again.  The good news is that I bought a bunch of these wildlife panels in a sale – so I think I have another raccoon for a different pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments really make my day! I read each and every one. Thank you!

Sorry for the word verification. I've had too many spammers lately.