Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Flower Tee ~ Jalie 2805 ~ Mastered!

Monday I attempted Jalie 2805; a lovely t-shirt pattern with multiple options.  In a nutshell I went up one size for K from an L that she measured at to a M; It didn't fit so well. Today I tried again, this time bumping up four sizes from her measurements to an O which is a size 11US or 150cm.  This fits her much better.



I went with View A with cap sleeves. The instructions are wonderful on these patterns and I love that they include sizes from a girls 2 all the way up to a woman's 22 (US sizes).  This pattern also has a choice of 4 different sleeve lengths: cap, short, 3/4s, and long.  It also has 4 different necklines: Jewel neck, mock turtleneck, v-neck, and overlapped v-neck with buttons.  That is a lot of options!

Double needle on the bottom hem and sleeve hems. 

Sewed down seam allowances on neck and sleeve caps.  
Also added a strip of twill tape to shoulders to stabilize. 

She's very happy with it.  (Photo bombed by the pooch)



Nice long length.  Sleeve length is great too. 

Now that I've mastered the fit on Miss K I see many of these comfy tees in her future, which is perfect because she wears tees to school on most days.

I look forward to making some for myself too!

Fabric: used 1/2 yard of 58" wide Jersey Knit "Floral Fuchsia/Blue/White; Purchased for $2.97 way back on 06/01/2012 from fabric.com ($5.94/yard);
65% poly, 35% rayon blend. It is very soft and lightweight.  30% stretch. I have 1/2 yard left that I will use to master the underwear pattern Jalie 3242

~ Happy Sewing! ~ Kristin ~

2 comments:

  1. The fit looks perfect now! I like the fabric, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy! I can't believe I didn't see your comment until now... :(

      Delete

Your comments really make my day! I read each and every one. Thank you!

Sorry for the word verification. I've had too many spammers lately.