Monday, April 12, 2021

A finished quilt and a surgery date

Hello my sewing friends. My craniotomy has been set for Wednesday (April 14th *update, they moved me to Monday, April 19th*). It will be a long day for my loved ones but a short day for me. My surgery is 8-12 hours long and I'm ready, but scared out my skin. All my pre-op testing and bloodwork is tomorrow so I wanted to get this post up today.

I am ready to get this monster tumor out of my skull. The last 2 months of knowing it is there and the worrying about the surgery have taken a toll on me and I'm ready to put my faith in God and surrender to my surgeons' amazing skills. I will do my best to get a post up here as soon as I can to let you all know I am ok, but it might be a month or so. Recovery is generally slow and sometimes difficult as I would expect for a brain surgery.

I hope for the best, I thank you for all your prayers and good thoughts on my previous post.

Also, I wanted to show you the quilt I finished for a dear friend. I started it before Christmas but then couldn't finish it in time. I HAD to get it done before the surgery and get it mailed to her. I had just the binding left and finished that last week. Her favorite colors are purple and brown.

This is my 2nd ever finished quilt! I have 2 more in progress (a fox one started 4 years ago, and one for Mr. Tayden out of his old clothes and pjs started last year). And the only other one I have finished so far is the one in 2017 for Miss K from Riley Blake fabrics. She still uses it a ton so it is very much loved.

The pattern I used for this quilt is called "Fat Quarter Fizz Quilt Pattern" and it is free from Fat Quarter Shop. I enjoyed making it. It was fun and I'm so glad my dear friend loved it.

So wish me luck my friends. I know God is making me a better, stronger me after this surgery. I have been in far too much pain for far too long. I can't wait to get back to sewing every single day. <3 take care.

Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments really make my day! I read each and every one. Thank you!

Sorry for the word verification. I've had too many spammers lately.