Thursday, May 23, 2019

Jalie 3907 ~ Alex Half zip Pullover


Relaxed-fit pullover with half zip at front, funnel neck and side pockets.
Optional adjustment elastic at bottom hem.  Designed for polar fleece, but works well with sweater knits too.


Pattern Sizing and adjustments: 28 Sizes Included: Girls, Boys, Women, Plus sizes
I used size W for the Shoulder/Bust and graded to a Y at the hip
My measurements at the time: 38 bust, 30 waist, 43 hip
1/2" forward shoulder adjustment which I do to all my patterns.



Instructions: Well written, easy to follow for the most part.   I was really confused with the welt pocket.  At step 3 I found that I should only sew the long side so that I could get the pieces to turn for step 5 and 6.


I was super excited when this came up in testing.  The design is exactly what I was looking for.  I have been wanting a pattern like this for years now.  The style reminds me of all my 90s Columbia "wind" jackets.



Fabric used: I only used 2 yards even though the pattern called for  2.75 yards
I used Anti-Pill Fleece Fabric 61"-Peruvian Llamas from Joanns
(Item #15597883 though I think it's gone now)  I picked it up for $3.90/yard so this cost me $7.80 total.

Future changes: The hips aren’t wide enough even though I graded for my hip size.  I would need an extra inch or two around the hips.  I also would like the sleeves to be an inch longer. When I reach forward they are too short.


Thoughts:
I made this top with this fabric, with my 13 year old daughter in mind.  I wanted to make it secretly for her and she is close enough to my size (T bust/waist to V hip).  Well she loved it and wore it around home all week.   It fits her perfectly even though it’s in my size. I can’t wait to make another for myself and everyone in my family!  I have a few planned out for me already. I fully recommend this pattern. 

~ Happy Sewing! ~ Kristin ~

2 comments:

  1. I love the lamas and it looks good on you too!
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Julie! I was sorta sad to give it to Miss K. :D Those llamas crack me up

      Delete

Your comments really make my day! I read each and every one. Thank you!

Sorry for the word verification. I've had too many spammers lately.