Friday, June 30, 2017

Everything’s Roses ~ P4P Sweetheart & Boundless with Jalie Shrug

These next 4 makes are probably my favorite things I’ve made in awhile.
(lots of pictures incoming).

Patterns For Pirates ~ Boundless Dress

redgood

Size: Straight size Large even though my hips are an XL (I was lazy that day)

red1

Adjustments: Raised the back neck by 3”  The pattern has a low scoop back and this just isn’t my thing.

red2
I also made a 1/2” forward shoulder adjustment.  I used the Tank, empire option, with pockets! 

redback

Fabric: I got this luscious Double Brushed Polyester from an Auction box at Knitpop.  It worked out great!  I’m not sure if I had 2 yards or 2.5 yards or 3 yards.  Sorry, I didn’t measure I was just so excited to sew it up.

redhip

Thoughts: Love, love, love.  I wasn’t sure I would like it and didn’t by the pattern for the longest time. But I do love it!  Next time I make this I’ll sew with 1/4” Seam Allowance around the neck and arms – I feel they are just a tad too low.

rednopocket

I also need to make the skirt part XL to fit my hips; you can see a bit of pulling on the front toward my hips in the pictures.  Finally, I want to make the skirt wider at the bottom.  I find it just a small bit hard to walk in this skirt.  None of these changes take away from the fact that I love this dress though. 
(Me Made May 12,2017)
red insta

I made the dress in the late evening on May 6th


Black Jalie 3246 Shrug

red black nice

I was looking all day for the perfect sweater/shrug for my other roses dress, below.  I wasn’t sure what I wanted until I saw this Jalie Shrug.  It was exactly what I was looking for. 

black back

Size: Straight X

black side

Adjustments: I made the bands around the bottom, bust, neck 1” wider.  I like this shrug just a little longer than my other one, below. 

black

Fabric: Black Stretch Jersey with Merino-like Wool Hacci Brush that I purchased in April 2017 from Stylish Fabrics, 1 yard for $7.90.  This fabric is so soft and fuzzy on the right side.  It has the perfect stretch and weight for this shrug.

Thoughts: Love it!  I want to make a million of these!

Patterns for Pirates ~ Sweetheart Dress

blue yes

Size: straight size Large, tank version with full circle skirt

maybe blue

Adjustments: 1/2” forward shoulder adjustment

blue side

Fabric: 2 yards Double Brushed Polyester, Navy w/ Coral Pink Roses; I purchased this from knitpop in an auction box. It works out to $5.70 a yard this way.  so $11.40 total for the dress.

blue back

Thoughts: I love a circle skirt and soft fabric.  This dress is amazing, though difficult to wear when it’s windy.

blue twirl

I would change how I sewed the binding on the arms next time, maybe 1/4” SA? or add a bit to the armscythe/shoulder?  I’m not sure why but the bindings are so close to each other at the shoulder that I couldn’t topstitch them down. 

(Me Made May 16, 2017)

blue roses insta

Red Jalie 3246 Shrug

maroon1

Size: Straight Size X, no adjustments

maroon back

Fabric: oh so soft red sweater knit.  I don’t know, I think I got it from knitpop? I seem to be obsessed with their amazing fabrics lately.  Let’s say I got it from knitpop.  This pattern uses only 1 yard. It’s fast to sew too!

maroon fun

I made sure to put a tag at the back neck so I wouldn’t be confused as to which way was up!

I’m slowly getting caught up with my makes!

Happy Sewing!
Kristin






















6 comments:

  1. Both of these are cute but I LOVE that second one! I love it so much!!! The fabric, the fit, the length...just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Nakisha! It's awesome when we get a pattern and fabric just right! I hope your hand is feeling better!

      Delete
  2. You know my love of P4P LOL These look great. I'm loving that shrug so much. I may have to get that one sometime

    ReplyDelete

Your comments really make my day! I read each and every one. Thank you!

Sorry for the word verification. I've had too many spammers lately.